Swansea expect Sinclair to leave

Swansea City first-team coach Alan Curtis says it is just a matter of time before forward Scott Sinclair completes a move to Manchester City.

English Premier League champions City have reportedly agreed terms with winger after deciding to release Adam Johnson and Swansea manager Michael Laudrup confirmed on Friday Sinclair had decided not to sign a new contract.

Curtis told Sky Sports: (Sinclair is) not really interested in signing a new contract and I think Man City have made a bid, so it s just a matter of time now before it happens and it s good for both parties.

He s been terrific for us, to be fair we ve had two seasons out of him and he was superb in the Championship and virtually his goals (27 in 2010/11) got us promotion.

And last year as well …

Haaland and Moukoko can be used together, says interim Dortmund coach

Erling Haaland could be used alongside Youssoufa Moukoko when he returns from injury in January, Borussia Dortmund interim head coach Edin Terzic has suggested.

Prolific striker Haaland had been in fine form for Dortmund prior to injuring his hamstring in training earlier this month, forcing him out of BVB s past six matches.

Dortmund s latest teen prodigy Moukoko has profited from Haaland s absence, though, forcing his way into the side at the age of just 16 and starting their most recent two matches.

He netted in Friday s 2-1 loss at Union Berlin to become the Bundesliga s youngest ever scorer, having already been the youngest player to appear in the competition after coming off the bench against Hertha Berlin the day after turning 16 last month.

The…

I have fighters – Arteta confident in Arsenal squad as decisive Christmas looms

Mikel Arteta is convinced he has the fighting spirit in his Arsenal squad which will enable the embattled Gunners to turn their dismal domestic season around.

Arsenal have not won a game outside of the Europa League since November 1, when they defeated Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Premier League.

The FA Cup holders have lost five of their last seven Premier League matches and on Tuesday were dumped out of the EFL Cup by Manchester City, with Pep Guardiola s side winning 4-1 at Emirates Stadium.

It was the first time Arsenal have conceded four times at home in the competition since November 1998, when they lost 5-0 to London rivals Chelsea, who were also the last team before City to win four successive away games against the Gunners in all competitio…

Stuttgart 5/6 to beat Hannover in Saturdays Bundesliga battle

Market: Stuttgart to beat Hannover

Odds: 

The two sides that came up together from Bundesliga B last season, on Saturday afternoon Stuttgart will look to shore up their push for a top half finish when they welcome Hannover to the Mercedes-Benz-Arena.

After being promoted as Champions last season, the Reds have enjoyed a record-breaking year in the Bundesliga and now sit just seven points away from breaking into the European positions. Although Stuttgart are coming off the back of a 3-0 defeat away at Dortmund last time out, Tayfun Korkut s side are unbeaten in their other eight matches. It has also been their form at the Mercedes-Benz Arena that has begun to catch the eye. The Reds have only lost one of their matches at home in 2018 and they have seen veteran s…

Copa Libertadores Review: Libertad preserve 100 per cent record, Corinthians stay unbeaten

Libertad made it three wins from three matches in the Copa Libertadores after claiming a last-gasp 2-1 victory over 10-man Penarol.

Substitute and former Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo was the hero, with his 90th-minute free-kick preserving Libertad s 100 per cent record in Group Three on Wednesday.

Uruguayan visitors Penarol took the lead two minutes into the second half when Gabriel Fernandez beat his opponent on the half-way line before powering through towards goal and poking the ball beyond Rodrigo Munoz.

Libertad were staring at their first defeat of the campaign until the 74th minute after Santiago Salcedo bundled home a rebound for the Paraguayan hosts.

Penarol were reduced to 10 men with two minutes remaining when Rodrigo Rojo saw red for a second…

Scotland v Qatar: Hosts focused on football amid controversy

Scotland striker Leigh Griffiths says the team s focus is 100 per cent on football ahead of a controversial friendly with Qatar.

Gordon Strachan s men welcome Qatar to Easter Road on Friday as they prepare for a Euro 2016 qualifier against the Republic of Ireland a week on Saturday.

But the Scottish Football Association (SFA) has come in for criticism for its decision to play the 2022 World Cup hosts due to concerns over working conditions at construction projects linked to the tournament.

The SFA has defended the fixture by insisting it is important to separate this sporting fixture from the serious human rights issues emanating from Qatar .

And speaking ahead of the meeting in Edinburgh, Griffiths said:  Whoever deals with it deals with it bu…

Chelsea boss Conte dismisses Costa Atleti return rumours

Antonio Conte has moved to deny suggestions that Diego Costa will leave Chelsea to return to Atletico Madrid.

Costa departed the Spanish capital for Stamford Bridge in a reported £32million deal ahead of the 2014-15 season and scored 20 goals as Chelsea claimed a Premier League and League Cup double.

However, the Spain striker was blighted by injury last term as Chelsea s title defence fell apart and the Blues limped to a 10th-placed finish.

Costa s indifferent season meant he was overlooked by Spain for Euro 2016 and Atleti president Enrique Cerezo claimed that talks had begun about bringing Costa back to the Vicente Calderon to reignite his career.

However, new Chelsea head coach Conte has no plans to let the striker return to LaLiga.

Diego i…

Allardyce backs Downing for England recall

Sam Allardyce feels Stewart Downing has the quality to regain a place in the England squad after impressing in his new role for West Ham.

The former Liverpool man was relatively impressive on the wing during his debut campaign at Upton Park, but has flourished at the tip of West Ham s midfield this term.

With one goal from his six league appearances, Downing has also provided some much-needed creativity in a midfield diamond during the absence of captain Kevin Nolan.

Downing has not featured for his national side since Euro 2012 qualifying, but Allardyce feels the 30-year-old is only being denied a place because of the set-up used by Roy Hodgson.

Stewart s playing in a slightly different role here, I don t think Roy [Hodgson] plays with a man in the hol…

Ancelotti keen on Ronaldo renewal

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti expects Cristiano Ronaldo to extend his stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The prolific Portuguese forward has recently been linked with a move away from the Spanish club, with his public declarations of unhappiness last season leading to suggestions that former club Manchester United could make a bid.

However, Ancelotti, who was appointed as Jose Mourinho s successor at Real earlier this month, is looking forward to working with the 28-year-old, who has scored 201 goals in 199 outings for the club.

Everyone knows that he is a superstar and a great player, he said.

The most important thing for the club is that a player of his quality shows the utmost professionalism. That is good, especially for the young players who can see a world-c…

Sivasspor lose opener to Trabzonspor

Sivasspor s start of the season didn t have the result they would have hoped for, as last year s runners-up lost 1-2 to Trabzonspor.

Trabzonspor, who finished third 2008-09 season, took the lead through Selcuk Inan in the 10th minute but his goal was cancelled out by Yanick Kamanan in the 48th.

The winning goal came with 12 minutes left to go in Sivas, as Ceyhun Gülselam s effort gave the victory to the away side.

Defending champions Besiktas were held to a 1-1 draw by Istanbul BB on Friday, while traditional giants Galatasaray and Fenerbahce start their season on Sunday.